U.S. Coast Guard Cutter KITTIWAKE (WPB 87316)

“Na Koa O Ke Kai”  -  “Warriors of the Sea”

CGC Kittiwake Logo


Overseas Screening:

Upon receiving PCS orders to KITTIWAKE, you are required to complete an Overseas Screening as specified in part 1.H.2 of the Military Assignments and Authorized Absences Manual, COMDTINST M1000.8A. This requires completion of an overseas physical exam for member and dependents, and a financial assessment, using the forms provided in the manual. An overseas screening is required to be performed within 10 days of receiving PCS orders.


There is government owned housing available for members with dependents. Contact the Base Honolulu Housing Office for more information: (808)842-2071. All crewmembers assigned to KITTIWAKE who elect to reside on the economy are required to live within 30 miles of the ship in order to be available for recall.


Check out the Hawaii Department of Education to search for schools in the City & County of Honolulu. There are also several private schools located in and around Honolulu. For adult education; there is the University of Hawaii at Manoa, Leeward Community College, Kapiolani Community College, Honolulu Community College, and Hawaii Pacific University.


Coordinate your arrival with your sponsor. Make sure your sponsor has your travel itinerary. Uniform for reporting is Tropical Blue Long. Before you make your trip to Hawaii, make sure you check out the Coast Guard’s Hawaiian Islands Relocation Handbook, which contains a lot of good general information and tips.

Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA):

Depending on your status, Temporary Lodging Allowance may be authorized. Please refer to the Hawaiian Islands Relocation Handbook for a more detailed explanation of the policy. Make sure you check with your sponsor or Base Honolulu’s Administrative personnel to see if you are eligible.

Medical Care:

Members and families assigned to KITTIWAKE are enrolled in TRICARE Prime with primary care facilities located on Pearl Harbor Naval Base at Makalapa.