Vessel Traffic Service San Francisco
Part 2 - VCRP Procedures
VMRS users make VCRP reports like in the process description below. Example verbiage is in italic text.
0. Preamble: Give the same preamble for every VCRP report.
SÉCURITÉ, SÉCURITÉ, SÉCURITÉ. ALL STATIONS, ALL STATIONS, ALL STATIONS. THIS IS Unit XX on the bulk carrier ATLAS.
- Sailing Plan: Checking into VTS, preparing to get underway.
[Preamble] Preparing to get underway from Pittsburg 3 bound for Redwood City 2. Draft 26’6””. Turning off the dock. Intend west span of the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge, east of the Alpha Buoy, and Oakland Bay Bridge Delta-Echo span. Tugs on Channel 7 Alpha.
- 1st Position: Last Lines, underway.
[Preamble] Pittsburg 3. Underway.
- Position - turn complete: If you turned the vessel, make a Position report after then turn is complete.
[Preamble] Pittsburg 3. Turn complete.
- Position – designated points: Make a Position report at every designated reporting point.
[Preamble] New York Point.
- Sailing Plan Deviation: If your route intentions change, say “change of plans,” report your position, then amend your Sailing Plan.
[Preamble] Change of plans. We’re at North Channel Alpha Buoy bound for Redwood City 2. Intend the Oakland Bay Bridge Alpha-Bravo span instead of the Delta-Echo span.
- Final: Make a Final report when you anchor, moor, or exit the VTS area.
[Preamble] Moored at Redwood City 3. Checking out.