Waterways Management Branch
"Helping to manage federal waterways and ensure the safety of the boating public in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana!"
JFB Inclement Weather Hotline
(800) 982-8813 x7015
National Response Center (800) 424-8802.
Regional Exam Center (888) 427-5662
National Documentation Center (800) 799-8362
Navigation Center (703) 313-5900
Coast Guard Microsoft Web Mail
DPW / ATON / BRIDGES / LIGHTHOUSES / NOTICES / RENEWABLE ENERGY INSTALLATIONS / PATON / WAMS
The 13th Coast Guard District, Waterways Management Branch is responsible for the following throughout Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington:
- Over 1800 Coast Guard maintained short-range marine Aids to Navigation (ATON).
- Two Long Range Aids to Navigation (LORAN). (DECOMMISSIONED)
- The permitting of over 1000 Private Aids to Navigation (PATON).
- Seven Coast Guard Aids to Navigation (ATON) units (three ships, four ATON units).
- The weekly publishing of the Local Notice to Mariners (LNM).
- The permitting of over 1000 Bridges.
- Conducting Waterways Analysis and Management System (WAMS) studies of waterways throughout the district.
- The operation of 25 Lighthouses.
- For information on bar restrictions, closures, requirements for lifejacket use. Click here
- To obtain a copy of the 13th Coast Guard District - Special Notice to Mariners "Guide to Hazardous Bars" on the Oregon and Washington Coast. Click here
- For "Bar Camera Images and Latest Observations". Click here
- The following "Bar Crossing Handouts" are available:
Chetco River Rogue River Couquille River Coos Bay Umpqua River Siuslaw River Yaquina Bay Depoe Bay Tillamook Bay Columbia River Grays Harbor Quillayute River
Waterways Management Branch Staff
Branch Chief (206) 220-7273
Assistant Branch Chief (206) 220-7274
Bridge Administrator (206) 220-7282
- Bridge Specialist (206) 220-7234
- Bridge Environmental Specialist (206) 220-7277
Operations Officer (206) 220-7278
- Notice to Mariners [Broadcast and Local] (206) 220-7280
- I-ATONIS Manager [Federal ATON] (206) 220-7276
Planning Officer [WAMS, Lighthouse Coordinator] (206) 220-7283
- Projects Manager [Federal ATON] (206) 220-7276
- PATON and Federal ATON Damage Claims Manager (206) 220-7285
Training Team Chief (206) 220-7271
- Training Team Assistant (206) 220-7279
ATON Maintenance Facility Manager (Tongue Point) (503) 325-2378
13th Coast Guard District ATON Units
CGC BLUEBELL (Portland, OR.) (503) 240-9362
CGC FIR (Astoria, OR.) (503) 325-1601
CGC HENRY BLAKE (Everett, WA.) (425) 304-5740
ANT Astoria (Astoria, OR.) (503) 325-3301
ANT Coos Bay (Charleston, OR.) (541) 888-3441
ANT Kennewick (Kennewick, WA.) (509) 586-0978
ANT Puget Sound (Seattle, WA.) (206) 217-6915
LORSTA George (George, WA.) DECOMMISIONED
LORSTA Havre (Havre, MT.) DECOMMISIONED
Mailing and E-mail Address
13th Coast Guard District
915 2nd Avenue, Room 3510
Seattle, WA. 98174-1067
Attn: (enter department name)
Report all discrepancies with marine aids to navigation to the nearest Coast Guard Sector office!
Astoria (503) 861-6212 / North Bend (541) 756-9212 / Seattle (206) 217-6002