Waterways Management Branch
"Helping to manage federal waterways and ensure the safety of the boating public in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana!"
JFB Inclement Weather Hotline (800) 982-8813 x7015
National Response Center (800) 424-8802.
Regional Exam Center (888) 427-5662
National Documentation Center (800) 799-8362
Navigation Center (703) 313-5900
DPW / ATON / BRIDGES / LIGHTHOUSES / NOTICES / RENEWABLE ENERGY INSTALLATIONS / PATON / WAMS
The 13th Coast Guard District, Waterways Management Branch is responsible for the following throughout Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington:
- Over 1800 Coast Guard maintained short-range marine Aids to Navigation (ATON).
- Two Long Range Aids to Navigation (LORAN). (DECOMMISSIONED)
- The permitting of over 1000 Private Aids to Navigation (PATON).
- Seven Coast Guard Aids to Navigation (ATON) units (three ships, four ATON units).
- The weekly publishing of the Local Notice to Mariners (LNM).
- The permitting of over 1000 Bridges.
- Conducting Waterways Analysis and Management System (WAMS) studies of waterways throughout the district.
- The operation of 25 Lighthouses.
- For information on bar restrictions, closures, requirements for lifejacket use. Click here
- To obtain a copy of the 13th Coast Guard District - Special Notice to Mariners "Guide to Hazardous Bars" on the Oregon and Washington Coast. Click here
- For "Bar Camera Images and Latest Observations". Click here
- The following "Bar Crossing Handouts" are available: Chetco River Rogue River Couquille River Coos Bay Umpqua River Siuslaw River Yaquina Bay Depoe Bay Tillamook Bay Columbia River Grays Harbor Quillayute River <<Note: Tillamook is being updated and will be linked once finished.>>
Waterways Management Branch Staff
Branch Chief (206) 220-7273
Assistant Branch Chief (206) 220-7274
Bridge Administrator (206) 220-7282
- Bridge Specialist (206) 220-7234
- Bridge Environmental Specialist (206) 220-7277
Operations Officer (206) 220-7278
- Notice to Mariners [Broadcast and Local] (206) 220-7280
- I-ATONIS Manager [Federal ATON] (206) 220-7276
Planning Officer [WAMS, Lighthouse Coordinator] (206) 220-7283
- Projects Manager [Federal ATON] (206) 220-7276
- PATON and Federal ATON Damage Claims Manager (206) 220-7285
Training Team Chief (206) 220-7271
- Training Team Assistant (206) 220-7279
ATON Maintenance Facility Manager (Tongue Point) (503) 325-2378
13th Coast Guard District ATON Units
CGC BLUEBELL (Portland, OR.) (503) 240-9362
CGC ELM (Astoria, OR.) (503) 325-1601
CGC HENRY BLAKE (Everett, WA.) (425) 304-5740
ANT Astoria (Astoria, OR.) (503) 325-3301
ANT Coos Bay (Charleston, OR.) (541) 888-3441
ANT Kennewick (Kennewick, WA.) (509) 586-0978
ANT Puget Sound (Seattle, WA.) (206) 217-6915
LORSTA George (George, WA.) DECOMMISIONED
LORSTA Havre (Havre, MT.) DECOMMISIONED
Mailing and E-mail Address
13th Coast Guard District
915 2nd Avenue, Room 3510
Seattle, WA. 98174-1067
Attn: (enter department name)
Report all discrepancies with marine aids to navigation to the nearest Coast Guard Sector office!
Astoria (503) 861-6212 / North Bend (541) 756-9212 / Seattle (206) 217-6002