Congratulations on your assignment to Sector Humboldt Bay.  On behalf of the Sector Housing Office, welcome to the Lost Coast.  The Sector Humboldt Bay Housing Office services members assigned to the following commands:

  • Sector Humboldt Bay

  • USCGC Dorado

  • USCGC Barracuda

  • Station Humboldt Bay

  • ANT Humboldt Bay

  • ESD Humboldt Bay

  • MSD Humboldt Bay

  • Station Noyo River

Upon receipt of orders to Sector Humboldt Bay or any of the outlining units. Members (even those requesting release from government housing) are required to contact the Eureka Housing Office. Be prepared to provide the following documentation prior to establishing contact with the Housing Office. 

  • Official orders
  • Application for Assignment to Military Housing, Form CG-5267
  • BAH/Dependency form CG-4170A (Note: this form cannot be downloaded.  It must be generated in Direct Access and then printed.  Click here for instructions on how to do this.)

When providing this information, be sure to note whether you request assignment to Military Housing or release onto the economy.  As a reminder, Coast Guard Housing is now mandatory for all orders issued on or after October 1, 2013.  Assignments to housing units will be made based on family size where inventory permits, i.e. one bedroom per child.  When possible, options will be given for housing assignments and we strive to accommodate housing site preferences, but please understand we must make housing assignments based on availability.  Completed forms can emailed or faxed to the Eureka Housing Office. 

If you do not desire to live in Coast Guard housing and want to receive BAH to live on the economy (BAH Calculator, Zip Code 95519), you may request to be placed on the BAH wait list by selecting the "I Do Desire A Waiver To Reside In Civilian Housing" box on the Housing Application Form (CG-5267).  You also need to state your reason for wanting a release in Section A on the second page of the Housing Application.  Special needs/medical situations as a reason may require accompanying official documentation.  Any decisions to be released onto the economy must be approved by the Sector Housing Officer prior to receiving BAH. 

The Eureka Housing Office is located on the property for quick and easy access.  Eureka's housing site consists of 58 family units of sizes ranging from 2 - 4 bedrooms, 8 unaccompanied personnel units, 4 leased apartments in Crescent City, and another 7 family units located in Fort Bragg, CA reserved for members assigned to Station Noyo River. 

     - Members assigned to Station Noyo River will need to coordinate with their Command regarding assignment into housing due to the small number of housing units in the area.

     - The 4 leased apartments for members assigned to USCGC Dorado are reserved for E-4 and below.  All others will be released from housing, but are still required to to submit paperwork to the Eureka Housing Office. 

Regulations governing local housing are available through this link COMDTINST M11101.13F.  All interested and prospective members looking to reside within Sector Humboldt Bay’s government housing sites are encouraged to review the manual.  Once assigned to housing, members shall abide by these rules and regulations to ensure a safe, secure, and habitable residence for all families.  



CG Policy currently restricts the number of pets to two: 2 dogs OR 2 cats OR 1 of each.  Exotic animals such as, but not limited to, reptiles, rodents (other than hamsters and guinea pigs), ferrets, hedgehogs, skunks, rats, raccoons, squirrels, pot bellied pigs, monkey, arachnids, rabbits, or any farm animal are prohibited in all government-owned housing.

Recreational vehicles are only permitted on the housing sites if they can fit and are stored in your garage.  Otherwise, alternative storage is available at the long term storage lot at Eureka Housing on a first come first serve basis.  Please contact the Eureka Housing Office for availability.  Storage lots are also available on the economy at your own expense.

For those members receiving a BAH release to reside on the economy, the Housing Office maintains a  rental listing for the surrounding area.  For other types of listings, you should review sources available to the general public, such as craigslist,,, classified ads, and property management company/real estate agent listings.

Housing FAQs

Need Assistance?


For additional information or to submit a work order contact us at one of the following:

  • Eureka Housing Office:  
    • Phone: (707) 442-1473 or (707) 268-0658   Fax: (707) 442-0300
  • Housing Officer:  
    • Phone: (707) 839-6160

If you need a housing form, you can find it here.