Click here to Make an ID Card Appointment 
(ID Card Office Locator & Appointments>Schedule an Appointment)

Sector Humboldt Bay is proud to be the primary issuer of military and dependent identification cards to families throughout Northern California.  It will take approximately 30 minutes to have a new ID card printed.  All ID cards are issued on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., and from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m by appointment only.  For additional assistance please call our administrative staff during normal working hours, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday at (707) 839-6190.

In order to get your military/dependent ID card, you will need to bring with you two other forms of current identification.  Expired identification cannot be used to obtain your military ID card.  Acceptable forms of identification include:

  • State Driver's License
  • Current Dependent ID - if you renew your ID before your previous ID expires
  • Social Security Card
  • U.S. Passport
  • School ID - must have a photo
  • Another Photo ID - produced by U.S. local, state, or federal government

For a full list of acceptable forms of ID, please see this document.  Some other important points to remember:

  1. Sponsors must accompany their dependents for their dependent to receive an ID card (unless the sponsor is deceased).
  2. Newly-married spouses must bring their marriage certificate to update dependency data and enroll in DEERS.
  3. If a child over 21 requests an ID card, the child will need to bring a letter from the registrar of his/her college to show that he/she is a full-time student.
  4. Children under the age of 10 do not need dependent ID cards.